1) Cue up the clip
2) Show the clip
3) Process the clip with four levels of questions that lead students from knowledge/recall to interpretation, evaluation, and synthesis!
– What did you see? (fact)
– How did you feel? (emotion)
– What did you learn? (interpretation)
– How can we apply this to class today? (application/evaluation/synthesis depending on how it’s phrased)
All of this within the first five minutes of class!
Two clips that Tom Spain recommends:
– You Tube search for “dancing eyebrows” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY)
– You Tube search for “Fordham baseball” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUlc0-6z8A)